Saturday, September 29, 2007

I am at home dialyzing. It's 8:37 and I have about 20 mins left. I have reached my fluid goal.

I went to the Center Thursday. Boy, I tell ya, I almost cried. I almost cried because those people looked so sad to me. I know that they are not, but that's the way they looked to me. Or, at least that's the way I felt when I was there. Sad. I didn't like it. But I really like this.

Right now I am sitting in the middle of this bed under a comforter. I am listening to Sade on the smooth Jazz station. My machine is humming along. It's Saturday morning. The lighting here is soft. The colors of my room are condusive to who I am. My pic of Audrey Hepburn is making me happy. I don't have to listen to or try to be entertained by anybody that I don't want to. My DH just sat on the sat on the bed for a short conversation. It's all good.

I'm doing what I am supposed to. I am wearing gloves. I am careful to make sure that I am not touching anything. I am general cleaning once I am finished. I am sure to keep things sterile. I have made "packs" ahead of time to save time. I am staying on the whole time(which passes fast). I fill my syringes with saline even though I have never had any need for them. I am disposing of my sharps properly. I am even making sure that I double bag the cartridges so that the garbage men won't be scared.

Well, it's time for me to come off the machine now. Time really flew by this morning. My first Saturday morning. Thank you Lord, for this privledge. It's 0852.

No comments: