Monday, October 1, 2007

RED 10 ALARM

I must not have tapped and snapped well today. I had so many "red 10" alarms that I had to call Nxstage. Peter was good though. He seemed a little nervous at first when I called, but after he calmed down, he was good. The alarms were letting me know that there was air in the venous lines, and I could see it too. when I pulled the blood through the syringe. Actually it alarmed multiple times before I even hooked up. I told myself to get the alarms resolved, and I htought I had, but I was wrong. ANywhoo, I learned a lot from the experience. One thing I learned was that I have to pull up out of the filter port. I was pulling straight out and not up and the air wasn't coming to the top. (Iknow what I am trying to say).

Once I got on, I wanted to go to sleep, no dice. Arterial alarm every time I laid down. So, in 6 mins I am going to go to sleep.

No comments: