Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Well, another bad day on dialysis today. I didn't get started on the machine until about 1030 or 1100 today. Long story. But once I got started I was ok. I even started talking to God about believing in myself and knowing that I can do this while I was sticking myself. Another thing Idid was to stick myself the way I did when I began setting the tunnels. To my amazement, I realize that I am not having as much pain when I am on the machine. Anyway, once I get all done, and I am ready to flush the prime out, I get an alarm 11. I try pullling air out of the top port, No luck, call Nxstage, NO luck. Start over.

The good thing is that you don't have to do anything with the bags. You can just leave them hanging there. But the cartridge must be reprimed. Another 20-30 mins.

I can do this. I can do this because I just went to the center yesterday and I know that I dont' ever want to go back there again and that whatever I have to do at home is nothing compared with going back there.

So, I take the cartridge out and start over. And here I sit 3 hours later, with 1 hour still to go . Gotta love it.

No comments: